The Porter County Highway Department has been out clearing roads of downed trees and branches since the storm hit us last night. They are working hard dealing with the storm aftermath on the nearly 800 miles of roads in unincorporated Porter County. As you may guess, our phones are overwhelmed and we ask that you please be patient. If you wish to report downed trees or branches, rather than calling us, we ask that you SUBMIT AN ONLINE REQUEST FOR SERVICE They will get to you as soon as they can.
Below you will find a list of roads that will most likely be CLOSED OVERNIGHT due to downed power lines as of 1:30 PM. Their reopening will depend on how quickly NIPSCO can make repairs.
- 450 East from US 30 To Murvihill Rd
- 650 East from Burdick Rd to 1050 North
- 1162 North 625 East
- 575 East from Burdick Road to the Rail Road Tracks
- 400 East from 1050 North to Burdick Road
- Clear Creek Road from Long Run Road to Fremont Road
- 875 North from McCool Road to SR 149