Roads & Streets
- Patching, resurfacing, and sealing;
- Plowing snow and salting;
- Maintaining necessary detours and road closures;
- Maintaining traffic control devices, such as stop, yield, speed limit, and warning signs;
- Maintaining all center lines, edge lines, turn arrows, school zones and crosswalks;
- Providing any necessary assistance to police, fire, and EMS during emergency calls.
- Limiting the gross weight of vehicles and issuing special permits under the Frost Law Ordinance (PDF). @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Find information about which government entity is responsible for maintaining roads and streets where you live in Porter County.
Find information about how the Highway Department is working hard and smart to improve and preserve our roads in unincorporated Porter County.
Find information about current road closings and how you can sign up to get road closing alerts via text or email.
Find information about the Highway Department's process of plowing & salting, ordinances that apply to citizens and mailbox damage claims, travel alerts and how you can help the Highway Department help you.
Find information about the Porter County Frost Law.
Submit an online form to request service from the Porter County Highway Department.
Sign up to have our winter weather road conditions updates delivered directly to your email inbox and/or to your phone!
Find information about the Indiana Department of Transportation closures of State Road 2 south of US Highway 30 beginning April 1st and continuing through late October.