Highway Department Request For Service

Before you submit your online Highway Department Request for Service, please be sure it is for a road or street that the Highway Department is responsible for. The Porter County Highway Department is responsible streets and roads in UNINCORPORATED Porter County. Unincorporated means outside the municipal boundaries of our cities and towns. State Roads and US Highways are also excluded. For your convenience, we have listed links to the contact information for the cities, towns and Indiana Department of Transportation below. 

Requesting Service For Roads & Streets Within Municipal Boundaries

Roads and streets within the municipal boundaries of our cities and towns are the responsibility of the applicable municipality. Listed below are the links to municipal websites where you can report issues if the problem is within their municipal boundaries.

Requesting Service For State Roads, US Highways & Interstate Highways

The maintenance of State Road, US Highways and Interstate Highways are the responsibility of the Indiana Department of Transportation. This includes bridges, intersections, right of ways and traffic signs & signals along those roads and highways. The State Roads and Highways include:

  • State Roads 2, 8, 49, 130, 149 & 249
  • US Highways 6, 12, 20, 20 & 231
  • Interstates 80, 94 and the Indiana Toll Road.

To report issues or concerns about any of these State Roads or US Highway, visit INDOT.

Requesting Service For Private Roads

Private Roads are the responsibility of either the property owner or the Homeowner's Association if applicable.

Requesting Service For All Other Roads In Porter County

You can submit a request for service or damage claims to the Porter County Highway Department for all other roads in Porter County.