- Billing and collection of property taxes;
- Collection of Innkeeper's Tax;
- Annual Tax Sale for unpaid real property;
- Collection of Mobile Home and Business Personal Property taxes;
- Delinquent government employee employer notification;
- Surplus claims;
- Mobile Home transfer/moving permits;
- Liquor License tax clearance forms;
- Investments of the County;
- Serve as Secretary for the Porter County Board of Finance;
- Serve as Treasurer for the Porter County Government Charitable Non-Profit Foundation. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Tax Information & Payments During COVID-19 Office Closure
The Porter County Treasurer would like all taxpayers to know that Porter County Government is working hard to do what is best for our citizens’ safety and health. As we enter the 2020 property tax cycle, we are urging taxpayers to practice safe social distancing as recommended by the CDC.
The Porter County Treasurer’s Office has been temporarily closed to the public. Employees will be here to answer questions by phone (219-465-3470) or EMAIL, and will continue to process all payments.
We strongly urge all taxpayers to consider using our online website and payment portal. There is no extra charge for making Electronic check payments. There are merchant processing fees for credit and debit card payments just as these fees are charged when paying with credit and debit cards in the office.
2020 Tax amounts have been certified and are AVAILABLE ONLINE where you can search for your property. You may print bills from the online site and do not need to wait for your mailed version.
- If you have a prior bill, the easiest search is by entering the Duplicate # found on your bill.
- Only use one (1) of the search options.
- Less is more. Entering too much data to search may exclude your property. Try just the last name, or just the numbers of your address.
Liquor License Property Tax Clearance Schedule – FORM 1
This form can be obtained from www.in.gov/atc
Mobile Home Transfer Permits – State Form 7878
This form can be obtained from www.in.gov/bmv
For Permits and Clearances please call to get the correct payment amount. These may have pre-collection requirements or amounts at collections that are not available online. Include a self-addressed stamped envelope, include a phone number and/or email address and mail in your completed form along with payment (certified funds only- cashier’s check or money order) to:
Porter County Treasurer, 155 Indiana Ave, Room 209, Valparaiso, IN 46383
Property Tax Installment Due Dates
You may pay your property taxes in two installments if your total due is $25.00 or greater. Installment due dates are always May 10th for the spring installment and November 10th for the fall installment. If the due dates fall on a weekend or holiday, the due date will be the next business day after the weekend or holiday.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR SPRING INSTALLMENT PAYMENTS
Penalties on the Spring Installment of taxes will be waived if the total amount due by May 11, 2020 is paid on or before July 10, 2020. Escrowed accounts do not qualify for this special penalty waiver.
Find information about your property tax bill, assessed valuation & appeals, business & personal property taxes, deductions, accessing your property tax bill online, methods of paying your taxes and tax & certificate sales.
Find information about who must pay Innkeeper's Taxes and the reporting & payment process.
Find information on obtaining a permit to transfer title or move a mobile home.